A good understanding of C#.
A basic understanding of the Unity Game Engine.
Who doesn’t love a good endless runner? Did you know it’s the genre that reigns from the early platform games of Donkey Kong and Mario Brothers? From Canabalt to Temple Run to Subway Surfer, this casual game has been the pastime of many a gamer with a mobile device and a few moments to while away. But did you know there’s quite a bit of work that goes into such a game? Of course the scenery is repetitive, but did you know that it has to be constructed with pieces of the environment that can always fit together and be procedurally placed?
In this course, Penny will take you through all the stages of game development with C# and the Unity Game Engine using her internationally acclaimed Holistic teaching style and expertise from over 25 years teaching, researching and writing about games. Throughout the course you will follow along with hands-on workshops designed to teach you these core programming concepts that will take your games to the next level. All assets including models, animations, textures and sounds are supplied.
The objective of this course is to teach you all you need to know to make your own game!
Learn how to program and work with:
- Character and World Models
- Character Animations
- Procedural Infinite World Generation
- Graphical User Interfaces
- Particle Systems
- Background Music
- Sound Effects
Content and Overview
The course begins with setting up the character and applying animations in the Unity mecanim system, before writing code to control them. It continues step-by-step, going through the development of an infinite scrolling 3D world, including the use of the pooling and singleton design patterns. In these sections, obstacles such as fire and walls are added which the character is programmed to jump over and destroy. Thereafter, a graphical user interface (GUI) is put together in Unity’s canvas system, where you will learn about alignment, fonts and screen resolutions as well as how to program button presses, sliders and create pop-up windows. Next, particle systems are investigated as a means of providing some special effects and several are constructed from scratch for magical spells and explosions. Finally, background music and sound effects are covered, as is controlling the sound of each from the GUI.
What students are saying about Penny’s courses:
- She is the best teacher ever in this platform.
- Most instructors are very smart people. Some are good at teaching and some are not. Penny is great at describing complex concepts without going down a dark cerebral rabbit hole that so many instructors feel obligated to do. It’s like they need to demonstrate their knowledge by explaining every tiny aspect. Penny does not go there. She explains things clearly but does not overwhelm the student with more than they need to know. There is only so much most people can absorb in one sitting. You need to study, then you need to practice and then more study. I have taken most of her classes and I recommend them all.
Who this course is for:
- Beginner Unity students.
- Intermediate users of Unity interested in working through an entire game project.
- Game development students of all ages.
#Create #Endless #Runner #Scratch #Unity #Get this Deal
تخفيضات,كوبونات,كوبون,عروض,كوبون كل يوم
Get this Deal,Get this Deal